Dr Chitra Sankar
MBBS, DCH, MRCP(paed), PGD DN
Consultant, Developmental Pediatrics
For consultations, second opinions, appointments, send me a mail through ‘Contact us’
Skills and Areas of Expertise
- Experienced in developmental assessment of young children, particularly children in age group 0 – 3 years.
- Experienced in the diagnosis, management of children with developmental disorders such as cerebral palsy, autism spectrum disorders, Learning Disabilities, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
- Expert in planning early intervention programs for various types of delays
- Special interest in neurodevelopmental follow up of preterm babies and developmental follow up clinics. Currently collecting data on neurodevelopmental out come in VLBW and preterm babies in Indian scenario and context.
- Certificate in the administration of Developmental Assessment Scale for Indian Infants
- Trained in the administration of Autism Diagnositic Observation Schedule and Autism Diagnostic Interview – Gold standard instruments in the diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Knowledge of developmental screening practices, setting up and management of hospital based / community based developmental clinics and early intervention centers.
Faculty & Staff
- Have been faculty in several professional workshops and conferences in several major national level and regional developmental conferences.
- Organizing Secretary- 4thnational conference of the IAP Childhood Disability Group – 2007
- Faculty and course organizer – online course on ‘Early identification and early intervention of developmental disorders 0-3 years’. – 2008.
- Member of Core committee for Poor Scholastic Performance Program – A program under Indian Academy of Pediatrics action plan 2007 and 2011
- Course director – 6 months course on ‘Teaching children with learning difficulties’ for school teachers, special educators and parents of children with LD 2005
- Contributed review articles in various journals
- Have co produced a ‘Handbook on learning disabilities’ – a booklet for pediatricians. – 2005
- Have conducted several workshops for parents on management of behavioral problems in children
- Have conducted a workshop for parents of children with autism on Home management of autism
- Several workshops from schools for teachers
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics
- IAP – Childhood Disability Group
- IAP – Growth and Development Chapter
- IAP – Bangalore
- Pediatric Society